Saturday, September 12, 2009

Luana's Birthday Creations

I have been meaning to post this for ages, and as it is, I still haven't got around to making the Thank you's to coordinate with the invite and card for Luana's birthday.


I wasn't quite sure what theme to go with this year for her invites and ended up using Keesh's favourite colour combo (Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip) and Crazy for Cupcakes as inspiration. I posted a card in August that didn't quite make the cut for Miss Luana's card...

I wanted to keep the invited relatively straightforward, and the new Introducing stamp set from the Spring Mini was just begging to be used. I paper pieced the balloon from Crazy for Cupcakes with Sweet Always DSP, and despite my wanting this to be straightforward, I stamped one little cupcake from the cupcake tower in the same set three times on Pink Pirouette (icing), Pumpkin Pie (base) and Regal Rose (cherry) before fussy cutting it and putting it together. Stamping and using blender pens to colour just didn't work for me...

The next challenge was the card...

Luana had chosen a Bluh-fly (Butterfly) birthday cake, so I just had to pull out Bold Butterfly for her card. I used the Flitting By wheel on her first birthday invitations. I stamped off the solid base of the butterflies and flowers and stamped the outline detail in first generation, adding some sparkle to the butterflies (3 of course!). Clear rhinestone brads finished off the 3 flowers. I used second generation Pink Pirouette with the flower outline to add a bit of interest to the Whisper White circle the chipboard 3 was mounted on. The 3 was covered with Bella Rose DSP, the edges were sanded and inked with Chocolate Chip before mounting. After trying a few different cards, I was quite happy with this one!

Here's our family pic from the big day - I kept with the pink and orange theme for the cake too!! Luana loved it - what more can you ask for?!

As I mentioned a few posts ago, the reason for my lack of inspiration and blogging lately will become apparent soon... and the time is now. A few weeks ago, we found out VERY unexpectedly that Paul had been offered a short-term contract position in Alice Springs (for those of you not in Australia - 1200km south of Katherine, around about the middle of Australia). This had not ever been even an outside thought in our life plan so this offer threw our lives into turmoil - what to do?! In the end, it worked out I could transfer to a locum position down there, so we decided (VERY quickly) to take the plunge and move down the track to keep our little family together. Who knows where we will be early next year?! Anyone with a crystal ball is more than welcome to throw any hints our way! Consequently, life has since been mad with packing, contract negotiations, trying to find a place to live and trying to find child care for Miss Luana, as well as everything else that goes with moving.... It is slowly taking shape, but I think I will be relieved when we're finally all down there.

Please bear with me over the next few months with blogging, and for those of you waiting - I will post my swaps soon - I promise!!



Invitation
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Introducing (Spring Mini)
Card: Regal Rose, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Pumkpin Pie
DSP: Sweet Always
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Pumkin Pie


Card
Stamps: Bold Butterfly (retired)
Card: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
DSP: Sweet Always, Bella Rose
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Punches: 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, Clear rhinestone brads, On Board Lots of Letters Chipboard


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow you've got a lot going on.

Happy birthday Luana being 3 is very special.
Love all the things you've made for Luana's birthday. The cake looks very yummy.

Good luck with your move.
xxx