Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Season's Greetings 2008

Merry Christmas to you!

As I write this, we are on floodwatch (which happens quite regularly through the Wet Season), but the river has been rising quite quickly today (was about 10m at the Railway Bridge at 4pm), there is a lot of rain around and A LOT of rain in the catchment area for the Katherine River. It looks like we're in for a wet Christmas - I'm just hoping not too wet! I have too much stuff to move up if we flood!

Despite my travels at prime Christmas card making time this year, I still wanted to make our cards, with a photo of Luana, to send people down South. It's just a nice way for everyone who we live so far away from to see our gorgeous girl (at least once a year). I thought I was all organised this year - I'd gone on-line to see the Christmas t-shirt I wanted to buy Luana, I'd ordered the additional card stock, and I'd taken down the stamp sets and card stock to Adelaide so I could start making them while we were down there. BUT, every time I went into the shop to buy the t-shirt, it hadn't arrived yet.... but the lovely sales lady showed me another VERY cute one which I just couldn't leave there, but didn't fit with my colour scheme. So, I just had to change it! Hence, part of the delay as I had to order different card stock and I didn't have any of the colour ink pads with me in the new colours..... Here's the result - hope it was worth the wait!

This didn't photograph as well as I hoped and I really do love it IRL. I chose Purely Pomegranate, Tempting Turquoise and silver to coordinate with Luana's t-shirt and used stamps from Season of Joy (retired) and Many Merry Messages (which is 20% off with a $20 order until Dec 31st). The greeting is silver embossed and looks so much better IRL. Very simple, but from the heart.

Luana always likes to try and help me stamp too, so one day I let her go her hardest for cards for her grandparents.

For Nana

For Nanny and Popsy

Both use Real Red and Glorious Green, and Luana used Season of Joy for the feature panels. I used gold cord (retired) for Paul's Mums. Mum and Dad's has noel from Many Merry Messages gold embossed, I used the new scallop edge punch for a bit of interest and added some red grosgrain underneath.

I hope your Christmas weekend is filled with love and laughter.

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

No comments: