Saturday, December 20, 2008

Adelaide Regionals 2008

I was really lucky that my latest trip to Adelaide coincided with Regionals - and to think I was going to head down a week later!! As I mentioned in my previous post, it was a fantastic day. I learned so much, met some truly talented people and was thoroughly inspired! If you ever get the opportunity, attend one of these sessions, and take heaps of swaps!!
Here are the 2 swaps I contributed:
This one was actually taken from a farewell card I made for friends leaving the Territory. It uses Sahara Sand and Really Rust cardstock, and Apple Cider DSP (Spring Mini - retired). The crocodile from Wild About You (what else for the Top End?!) and the greeting from Sweet Serendipity (Spring Mini - retired) are stamped in Wild Wasabi, with the greeting stamped on the round tab punch out. Quite simple, but please remind me not to fussy cut swaps again, especially when I'm travelling across the country while completing them!! Lori from SU! in the USA quite liked this one!

I based this one on the photo board I made for Paul's birthday in October - I liked the diamonds! Once again quite simple (but I was quite happy for that when I was finishing them at 1am after travelling all day!). I used Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White card stock, with Certainly Celery Print DSP (Iran out of Chocolate Chip though and had to improvise! I used DSP swiped heavily with Chocolate Chip ink for the middle panel on a few....). The greeting and flowers are from Short & Sweet (I can't figure out know why it took me so long to get that set!) all stamped in Chocolate Chip and finished with Certainly Celery brads. The middle diamond was attached with dimensionals.
There were so many gorgeous swaps I received but I thought I would share my favourite 5 with you. From top left: Nicole Derendorf (http://stampingdownunder.wordpress.com/), Lorrae Weiss, Kari Hughes (http://www.karigail.wordpress.com/), the lady who made this cute little owl didn't put her name on it but it's just so cute!, Deb Darby.

Thank you to everyone who swapped with me!!

And here are the projects we made. They all use the new Live Your Dream stamp set, and a combination of Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi and Groovy Guava (inlcuding the new Afternoon Tea DSP). Not bad for a couple of hours!!

Thanks Card

Thanks Matchbook Card

Dreams 6"x6" Scrapbook Page (I put the photo in after I got home)

Thanks Card Folder

Thanks Card Folder Love Notes with lined envelopes


A fantastic day! Thank you Stampin' Up! for bringing Regionals to SA!!

No comments: