Friday, December 19, 2008

KWernerDesign Colour Inspiration #35

I love to see what inspiration Kristina comes up with each week, and also seeing other people's entries. I have finally found the time to be able to make an entry for her latest challenge, but am not sure if I'll be able to get it in on time (I can never remember how far behind the USA is to us).... Here's this weeks inspiration

We don't have Baja Breeze here yet, so I substituted the retired Cool Caribbean. As ANOTHER friend has had a baby (I need to be careful of the company I keep I think!! No pitter patter of little feet in our house any time soon), I thought these colours would be nice for a welcome card. Here's what I came up with:

I used Sanded to add a bit of texture to the card base, Nursery Necessities provided the cute little elephant, the phrases and the caribbean stars, and the background stars in the cut out is from Season of Joy (from the finished Spring Mini; I love how you can use seasonal stamps all year round!). Cooper's name is created with the retired Pure and Simple Upper Alphabet. I thought the scalloping (using the fantastic new scallop punch) added a bit of softness to the card. I had to use some creative thinking to cut out the circle as I used the round tab punch, but it really doesn't like punching through more than 2 layers. A suggestion, if you would like to try this, punch out the circle on the base card first, then layer your strips, then cut them out with a craft knife! The last little extra I included was clear embossing the caribbean elephant and attaching him with Dimensionals.

This little elephant will be in the post today on his way down to meet little Cooper - congrats Kel!! I'm looking forward to meeting your little man soon!!

1 comment:

Nerine .P. said...

This is very cute Tash, I love the way the elephant comes through the circle.