Sunday, August 17, 2008

Celebrations all around

Celebrations have been abundant in the lives of my family and friends lately - another gorgeous bundle arrived mid July, and yet another yesterday, we've had birthdays galore, and engagements; my cousin and my sister and her now-fiancee!! It's all been adding to my creativity - pity I have to work too and can't spend all day playing.


First up, little (well not-so-little, he was 10lb 7oz!!) Harrison arrived mid July. I was able to catch up with the rest of his family about a fortnight before he entered the world, but I will have to wait for a few months before I meet him in person.

Stamps: Wild About You, Big Deal Alphabet, Tidy Alphabet (retired), Polka Dots and Paisley
Card: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Brilliant Blue, Summer Sunm Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Other: Petals & Paisleys DSP

Little Tayla arrived yesterday, but I have yet to make her card - stayed tuned!

One of my favourite cards of late (and just one of the many birthday cards I've made) has been the one I made for my cousin's 21st. I wanted to make something a bit speccy, but still man-enough. I think I got it!!

Stamps: Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel
Card: Not Quite Navy, Brushed Silver, Brushed Copper
Ink: Versamark
Other: Fall Flowers DSP, Silver embossing powder, On Board Simon Lower chipboard

Once again, this looks so much better IRL - the metallics really make it. We had a great day celebrating with Sam, my cousins and my grandparents (who travelled up to Darwin to celebrate) - and of course Luana was doted on all day.


The card that 'inspired' Sam's was the one I made for my cousins engagement. I like to use the colour scheme from invitations to inspire what I make, and this invite was black on silver. This is what I came up with.

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Carte Postale

Card: Purley Pomgranate, Basic Black, Brushed Silver

Ink: Versamark

Other: Silver embossing powder

I think the Purely Pomegranate adds a little bit of romance. Now I need to come up with a really special card for my sister and her fiancee!! We are so excited!!

No comments: