Saturday, May 21, 2011

Two Little Birdies



Spring has Sprung in the Northern Hemisphere (although it's getting colder here - single digits most nights, but I guess that's what you get living in the desert!) and the girls over at Stampin' Royalty are celebrating by having a bird themed challenge. I don't have many bird stamps, but I do have the two-step bird punch which I haven't used much... so I thought I would share this darling card that I made for my Auntie's recent engagement. Being birds, it also fits with this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge - In the Garden.



I kept it quite simple ans was inspired by the colours from the Elegant Soiree DSP - Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede. I punched out two birdies and mirrored them (ie used the opposite sides of the DSP for the bodies and wings) and popped them up with dimensionals over a second generation stamped Baja Breeze flourish from the SAB set Bliss. The greeting was from the Summer Mini set, Well Scripted and that's the hardest parts of the card! I also sponged the Very Vanilla with Baja Breeze and distressed the Soft Suede to soften the overall look of the card.




Hope you're having a great weekend wherever you are in the world!




Thanks for visiting!







Stamps: Bliss (retired), Well Scripted (retired)

Card: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Elegant Soiree DSP

Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede

Other: Two-step Bird Punch






4 comments:

Faye said...

Wow, what a fab creation. Love your take on our In the Garden theme. Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake this week. x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Natasha, what a beautiful card. I love the elegant birds and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

KimB said...

This is lovely Natasha - mixing the DSP looks really effective. Love how you perched them on the sentiment too.
Kim

Hands On said...

Simply beautiful. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty this week.