Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For Mamma



My Mamma is having an operation this week, so I thought I'd make a card for her to let her know we're thinking of her at this time.

She really likes earthy tones, so I used this week's Inkspirations Colour challenge - although the Poppy Parade did throw me a bit.... but I think this has worked!



I stamped the For You stamp from Punch Bunch (Sale-a-Bration; retired) three times in each of the colours - Poppy Parade, More Mustard and Cajun Craze - punching out the scallop circle, then the circle and fussy cutting the flowers (the big one also had a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds added). I then inked up the Sanded background stamp with More Mustard and Cajun Craze, and created a faux suede strip in Poppy Parade. The edges of the Very Vanilla were sponged in Cajun Craze, and everything mounted on background card of the same. A few Antique Brass brads and some paper piercing finished it all off.


We're thinking of you Mamma and hope you're back on your feet super soon!


Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Punch Bunch (SAB retired), Sanded

Card: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade

Ink: Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Poppy Parade

Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/4" Circle

Other: Metallic Brads, Dazzling Diamonds


1 comment:

Sharnee Torrents said...

This is a beautiful card! Those cut out flowers are super and the background at the bottom is really great also!!! SUper job!
Smiles SHArnee :)