Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Touch o' the Irish

It's St Patrick's Day tomorrow!! I love St Pat's Day; when I was at boarding school, our chef was Irish so we used to have Aussie-Irish day and everything was green or green and gold; kangaroo for breakfast, green iced doughnuts for recess, Aussie BBQ for lunch and traditional Irish Stew for dinner. I read somewhere that it is the day EVERYONE claims to be {a little} Irish!!!

In the spirit of St Pat's Day, I have joined in with the latest Stampin' Royalty Challenge - GREEN - and paired it with this gorgeous Sweet Sunday Sketch:
I actually wanted to use the Heart to Heart punch to make 4 leaf clovers, but couldn't quite make it work. As it is, I think this card still needs a little something.... You can't see it in this photo, but I've added some sparkle to the rock'n rolled butterfly wings.
Also, I wanted to share with you this card I made a while ago, 'cause it's GREEN!!!

I made this for our gorgeous godson who's grandfather is Irish, and I wanted him to know it's important to be proud of his heritage. And how could he not be with such a strong Irish name!! You can bet your boots this young man and his family will be celebrating tomorrow!!!

May the Luck of the Irish be with you tomorrow and all year through!!


So Kind Card
Stamps: Priceless
Card: Green Galore, Glorious Green, Whisper White
DSP: Kaleidoscope
Ink: Green Galore, Glorious Green
Other: Dazzling Diamonds

Lachlan Patrick
Stamps: Polka Dot Punches (retired), Pure and Simple Upper Alphabet (retired)
Card: Green Galore, Glorious Green, Whisper White
Ink: Green Galore, Glorious Green
Other: Paper Piercer

5 comments:

Lee said...

Priceless looks great in green!! Happy Paddy's day tomorrow,

Lee x

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Great cards! I really love the 2nd one and I am sure your godson's granfather will too.
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Both of your cards are perfect for the challenge... I love them! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

savvy teaching tips said...

great job on the challenge. I love both cards. Thanks for playing with us at SR.

Karen Giron said...

Very cute! I love how you separated the sentiment and also, your gorgeous lucky clover in your second card - very creative!