Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Little Bit More Christmas Cheer

I am finding it really hard to believe we are already in December, and only 3 weeks away from Christmas. I still haven't made my Christmas cards (!) but did take the photo of Luana tonight that I will use... I think cards will be arriving after Christmas yet again! There are decorations up everywhere around the hospital (we'll wait until after my birthday to do ours at home) and Kid's Ward even had their Christmas Party with Captain Starlight today.
Although I had every intention of making a birthday card with Keesh's latest colour challenge, I have made a Christmas card (better photography to come):

I love both the colour combo this week and the Sweet Sunday Sketch - they are so versatile and I'm thinking I'll use them for quite a few projects in the near future.
We used Season of Joy at the Christmas Stamp-a-Stack I held over the weekend, and it was calling me to be used for this card. I added a bit of sparkle (hard to see) onto the swirls of the tree. The edges of the circles are distressed to add a bit more dimension and have been mounted in Sweet Always DSP. The background is So Swirly wheeled in Taken with Teal on the same, and a little bit of double ribbon finished the sketch.
I will try to photograph this before I head off to work tomorrow morning to get a better pic!
Thanks again girls for the inspiration, I'm really enjoying being able to sit down and stamp again!

Stamps: Season of Joy, Best Yet (Level 1 Hostess), So Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Card: Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
DSP: Sweet Always
Ink: Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Other: Real Red 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds

1 comment:

Cindy Major said...

I like how you popped up the tree on your main circle and used the white space to add your sentiment. Love the double tabs, too!

Cindy :)