Thursday, August 6, 2009

One Cupcake....

It's Luana's birthday coming up and I've been playing around with what to do for her card. I used Crazy for Cupcakes for her invites, and thought I'd use it for her card too but have had a bit of a block as to how. Karen's latest Sweet Sunday Sketch (No. 29) provided some inspiration...

I don't have any buttons in my stash, so have substituted one ofthe funky new Flower Assortment Designer brads from the brand new Spring Mini.


I paper pieced the bottom of the large cupcake from Crazy for Cupcakes using Sweet Always DSP, glitter-fied the cake part and popped it up using dimensionals. The Pumpkin Pie base has some paper piercing around the edge for a bit of interest. I used Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon either side of the Sweet Always spotty panel for a bit of texture. For the banner sentiment, I used a pop up glue dot in the middle to make it look as though it's waving in the breeze.

I think I may have OD'd on the chunky glitter, I'm not quite sure. This one will be going into my display box as it's not quite right for my precious little one - stay tuned to see what I come up with!

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Sweet Little Sentiments (Level 1 Hostess Set)
Card: Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Paper: Sweet Always
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Chunky glitter, Flower Assortment Designer Brad (Summer Mini), Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, pop up glue dots, paper piercer

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You can never OD on glitter! This is great card Natasha.

Maureen said...

Can one ever OD with glitter? LOL This is so yummy looking I could eat it...LOVE it :)