Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Pink Passion

There must be something in the stars at the moment because it feels like I'm reaching for Pink Passion a lot for colour challenges - and it's not usually a colour I go for, so they have indeed been challenges for me. I love Pixie Pink (and for those of you who have been following me for a bit, you'll know that's the colour I fall to for Luana's birthdays), but Pink Passion stretches me a bit...

This week Makeesha has come up with the colour challenge combo of Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery and Whisper White. Her design team came up with some STUNNING examples.

This is actually the second card I made for the challenge. Circle Circus arrived this week, so I've been hanging to play with it!
I haven't pulled out the Ice rhinestone brads for a while either, but they work well with Flower Fusion. The circle are mounted with dimensionals and the piercing broke up the card base a bit.


This next card uses Pink Passion as a base, and it never ceases to amaze me how the same colours can look SO different.

Sorry, I didn't realise this hadn't photographed so good, you can barely see the Certainly Celery border around the left hand panel.
I had great expectations for this idea, but am still deciding whether I'm really happy with this or not. I sponged Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery ink onto Glossy White card, then clear embossed the large and small flowers from One of a Kind before braying over with Pink Passion (Joseph's Coat technique). This panel was mounted on Certainly Celery, which has been torm down one side. I stamped the big flower in the three colours, using the Certainly Celery as leaves, and mounting the Punpkin Pie centre with the Chunky Glitter with a dimensional. I quite like that flower! Not bad, but maybe this would have worked better if I had have used a thicker lined image....

Thanks Makeesha for moving me out of my comfort zone!


Circle Card:
Stamps: Circle Circus, Short & Sweet
Card: Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pink Passion
Accessories: Flower Fusion, Circle Ice Rhinestone brads, 1 1/4" circle punch, scallop edge punch, small oval punch, large oval punch, paper piercer


Best Yet Card:
Stamps: One of a Kind, Best Yet (Level 1 Hostess)
Card: Pink Passion, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Glossy White
Ink: Pink Passionm Cetainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Accessories: sponges, brayer, clear embossing powder, Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Chunky Sprinkles, paper piercer

2 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Natasha... you should be SO VERY HAPPY with your second card. It's gorgeous. That panel you've done with the embossing and brayering... WOW!!!

Your first card is gorgeous too by the way!!!


Sarah
x

Keesh said...

WOW these are both FABULOUS Natasha....very funky! I LOVE that background paper you have created on the second card! It looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x